Monday, June 19, 2006

July of a lifetime...

I don’t usually condone posts without tangible meaning, and that’s not to say that this one doesn’t have any, but its real meaning is to allow your humble author the opportunity to textually verbalize what I am about to write.

I have been in Dubai since mid May. I am scheduled to return home on June 29th. I have been instructed to go home, get my bits sorted out (bits and sorted, the two most prized souvenirs from this trip) and come back for an extended stay. So, me being the ever optimistic-opportunistic I have seen a chance to do some real traveling in the month of July.

First off, I am slightly pushing the second leg of my return flight back two days to give me a nice 60 some odd hour layover in London. Then, once I get home and spend the 4th with my Baltimore peeps, I will whisk myself away on my motorcycle (hopefully, weather permitting) on a several stop tour which will include seeing friends in DC, Charlottesville VA, cruising the blue ridge parkway, more friends in Raleigh NC, and my father and his new wife. Once I return I am off again, this time to Amsterdam, Paris, and Rome. Two days in each with Eurail trips connecting them, finally returning to Dubai by August 1.

31 Days, 6 countries, 3 states, loads of people, memories, and snaps.

This is the plan. Execution is the most critical piece, watch this space for results.